Request a SpeakerWhat is the MoneyMattersNJ Request a Speaker program?
The MoneyMattersNJ Request a Speaker program offers skilled CPAs to speak on a wide range of personal finance and business topics at no cost to you. Our members volunteer their time and expertise to ensure members of their community have the resources they need to become – and remain – financially fit.
Click here for a sampling of past speaking events conducted by our CPA volunteers.
Why a CPA speaker?
CPAs are an integral part of today's business community, and their knowledge extends far beyond tax preparation and number crunching. They are called upon as trusted business advisors, consultants and personal financial planners, and hold varied position titles such as chief financial officer or controller.
Who can benefit from this program?
Simply put, everyone can. Our CPA volunteers speak to a wide range of audiences, including but not limited to:
- Church organizations
- Nonprofit organizations
- Retirees and senior citizen groups
- Small business owners
- Young professionals
- Bankruptcy – when to file
- College financial aid
- Debt and credit card management
- Finances of divorce
- Finding money and what to do with it
- Fraud detection and prevention
- Estate planning
- Home buying, selling and mortgage tips
- Identity theft
- IRS audit – avoiding and surviving
- New to the workforce – financial things to consider
- Organizing financial records
- Renting versus buying
- Retirement planning
- Saving strategies
- Starting a business
- Surviving loss of job
- Tax deductions and filing tips
- The financials of aging relatives/friends
Download a printable Request a Speaker brochure.